Brr! It’s getting cold outside, which means more time indoors, earlier bedtimes (more sleep, please!) and lots of opportunities for cooking and snuggling up with a good story. And, with the holidays coming up, lots of kids will be out of school and away from normal learning routines.
The experts at Homer have put together a Winter Reading Challenge to encourage you to keep your kids excited about learning and give them some breaks from all the sweets. So find a nook to nestle in and start our challenge!
- Update your iOS app to the latest version or visit StoryTime on the web or Android app.
- Read a story. (See stories for each age group here.)
- Cut out a snowflake (either make your own or download ours with your reading list.)
- Write the story title on the snowflake.
- Punch a hole in the snowflake and add it to a string you hang in your child’s room. Share with the Homer community by tagging #HomerReadingChallenge.
- If your child completes all stories on the reading list for her age group by Jan. 31 (extended from Jan. 15), we’ll send her a special certificate and Homer goodie bag to celebrate her achievement. Share a picture with us on social tagging #HomerReadingChallenge and we’ll enter her to win a $50 Target Gift card and two of this year’s Caldecott award-winning books.
- Download the full winter reading list here.
- Download your free January Calendar here.