Take your Mail Adventure to next level with this adorable mail hat. With HOMER Play, we encourage your child to use their imagination and create a world all their own.
Support your child’s imaginative play with this fun and easy DIY dress up accessory. Plus, it looks great with your child’s canvas mailbag!
THINGS YOU’LL NEED:
• 1 Mail Hat Printable
• 8.5″ x 11″ Standard Printer Paper or Card Stock
• Double-Sided Tape
• Hole Punch
To make the hat:
- Print your download out on standard size printer paper (8.5×11″).
- Cut out the cap along the solid black lines. Do not cut along dotted lines.
- Cut the brim along the solid black lines. The brim will have several little tabs along the top. The tabs will help the hat curve to the shape of your head. Make sure not to cut them off!
- Fold down the tabs of the brim along the dotted curved line.
- Use double-sided tape to attach the tabs of the brim to the cap. Carefully match the edges of the tabs/brim with the bottom edge of the cap.
- Gently bend the hat along the shape of your forehead. The brim should fold forward like a baseball cap!
To make the strap:
- Use a hole punch or scissors to cut out the two yellow circles.
- Cut a piece of string, ribbon, or shoelace about 25 inches long.
- Feed the string through the holes, going across the front of the hat. Tie the string around your head with a bow.