We’re kicking of this Presidents’ Day weekend with a patriotic dance party. Won’t you join our #YankeeDoodleDanceParty on Monday, Feb. 20 and celebrate?
Here’s how you and your child can join in the fun *and* win some prizes.
- Practice your dance moves playing “Yankee Doodle” via our YouTube channel or in the Songs & Rhymes section of the Homer app
- Post your video or photo and tag #YankeeDoodleDanceParty and @learnwithhomer on Facebook or Instagram. Also, email your video or photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will add your children’s signature dance moves to our page.
- Cheer on other participants by checking back on our Facebook page. We’ll have a grand ‘ol time getting down and partying.
- One lucky winner will receive a $100 Amazon gift card *and* a goodie bag for your child.
Homer is proud to partner with Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello this Presidents’ Day to give young children a virtual tour of the home of America’s 3rd President and to teach them more about Jefferson’s many accomplishments. We’ve also prepared lessons on George Washington, Theodore Roosevelt, Presidential Pets, and a fun game that allows kids to decorate their own White House!
Here’s an overview of all Homer’s lessons highlighting US Presidents.
- Head over to the Discover the World section and view U.S. Presidents. You’ll find lessons on George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Thomas Jefferson.
- Time to take a tour of the White House. Visit “What a House” in the Discover the World section of the app and scroll down to White House Wonders. Your child will visit the president’s home inside, outside, upstairs, and down. Then, jump on over to If I Were President in the same section and let your child create his or her own White House! Once finished, they can share their creations in a postcard by way of our Pigeon Post.
- Check out a new take on Yankee Doodle and sing along to You’re a Grand Old Flag. Post your #YankeeDoodleDanceParty clips and photos on your social channels.
We are so excited to announce that Learn With Homer has an opportunity to be featured on a panel at SXSWedu 2017 – but we need YOUR VOTE!
The panel discussion is on: Can the iPad Solve the Literacy Crisis?
Stephanie Dua, Learn With Homer’s founder & CEO
Dr. Susan B. Neuman, former US assistant secretary of Education
Michael Levine, founding executive director of Sesame Workshop
Lisa Guernsey, director of the Early Education Initiative and the Learning Technologies Project in the Education Policy Program at New America.
The panel will discuss findings of literacy education through technology and engage the audience in a discussion of literacy apps and how to improve their use.
In order for us to have this important discussion, we need wonderful Learn With Homer friends and families (like yours) to cast a vote. To do so, you can follow these instructions:
Create a Panel Picker account by clicking here
Give Homer a “thumbs up” to vote!
Add a comment if you wish
Voting ends September 2, 2016. Thank you so much!
Our new Back-to-School section is full of learning opportunities about amazing animals and U.S. Presidents.
Your little one will also learn about starting school and having friends.
This new update is the perfect way to get children excited and ready to return to the classroom.
Get ready to go Back-To-School!
- Learn about mammals, birds, amphibians and reptiles – including the blue whale, the giant squid, and the most enormous of enormous dinosaurs!
- Read playful stories about friendship fun and getting rid of back-to-school jitters.
- Visit the White House, take a tour of the Oval Office, and get a sneak peak into the White House kitchen!
- Meet presidential pets! Hear history come to life with moos and barks!
- Discover amazing facts about giraffes and learn new vocabulary words like “prey,” “predator,” and “invertebrate.”
- Sing along with Homer and friends to terrific tunes like “A is for Alphabet!”