Summer is here, but that doesn’t mean the learning has to stop! Our HOMER experts recommend reading every day to keep children’s interests growing and minds active while school is out.
That’s why the HOMER team curated a Summer Reading Challenge, full of fun ways to keep your child engaged all summer long.
Starting June 27th, for each week this summer, your child will have the chance to participate in our Summer Reading Challenge! Once your child has completed the challenge in HOMER by August 12th, you will receive a certificate to congratulate them. Follow the instructions below and download the reading list here.
- Choose a story from the Summer Reading Challenge menu in HOMER.
- Print and cut out the sun we provided.
- Write the story’s title in the sun, then decorate!
- Punch a hole in the sun and use string to hang it up in your child’s room.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for every story they read!
- We’d love to see your child’s decorated sun and hear about their favorite stories. Please share with the HOMER community by tagging #HOMERReadingChallenge and we’ll select one lucky family to receive a special story prize pack.
Be sure to share your fun in the sun learning moments with us!