During this season of thanks and giving back, we’re challenging ourselves (and you!) to take a minute to really appreciate all the good things we have in our lives. We are especially grateful for the kids and families who are learning to read with HOMER!
Join our #gratitudechallenge and help your child share what they’re grateful for. They’ll learn the power of gratitude, build their writing skills along the way, and maybe even win a Parker Bear!
Here’s how to join:
- Print out this page.
- Cut out and color in the picture of the turkey.
- Cut out pieces of colored paper to create feathers (or get creative — we love using paint and hand prints for our turkey feathers).
- Glue or tape the feathers to the back of the turkey.
- Have your child write (or help them to write) the things they are grateful for on the feathers.
- Take a picture of your grateful child holding his or her turkey, and post it on Instagram using the hashtags #learnwithhomer and #gratitudechallenge by Nov. 28th.
- We’ll feature your child’s creation on our social channels and enter you to win a Parker Bear!
- BONUS ROUND: Share a video of your child telling us what they are grateful for and you’ll automatically receive a free HOMER activity book.
- Feathers, colored paper, or whatever your child wants to use for turkey feathers
- Glue or tape
Thanks to everyone who posted their #gratitudechallenge on Instagram! We have chosen a winner and we hope they enjoy their Parker Bear!