It’s getting cold outside, which means more time indoors, earlier bedtimes (more sleep, please!), and lots of opportunities for cooking and snuggling up with a good story. And, with the holidays coming up, lots of kids will be out of school and away from their normal learning routines.
The learning experts at HOMER have put together a Winter Reading Challenge to encourage you to keep your kids excited about learning and give them some breaks from all the sweets. So find a nook to nestle in and start our challenge!
- Update your iOS, Android, or Amazon app to the latest version and visit the menu in the HOMER Reading app.
- Read a story. Download the full winter reading list here.
- Cut out a snowflake (either make your own or download ours with your reading list.)
- Write the story title on the snowflake.
- Punch a hole in the snowflake and add it to a string you hang in your child’s room.
- If your child completes all stories on the reading list for her age group by Jan. 12, we’ll send her a special certificate and HOMER goodie bag to celebrate her achievement.
- Share pictures with us on Instagram, including #KidPoweredLearning, for a chance to win a Parker The Augmented Reality Bear!