Every day, we are grateful for the thousands of kids and families all over the globe who are pursuing their passions and learning to read with Homer! #oneofakidreading is all about celebrating the unique path that each child takes to becoming a passionate reader.
During this season of thanks and of giving back, we’re focusing on the unique ways that Homer kids give thanks. Join our #gratitudechallenge and help your child share what they’re grateful for. They’ll learn the power of gratitude — and they’ll build their writing skills along the way.
Here’s how to join.
- Print out this page.
- Cut out turkey.
- Color in turkey.
- Cut out and create feathers that show what your child is thankful for each day.
- Glue or tape feathers on to the back of the turkey.
- Take a picture of your grateful child holding his or her turkey and tag #learnwithhomer and #gratitudechallenge by Nov. 17.
- We’ll enter you to win a Turkey on the Table.
- BONUS ROUND: Share a video of your child telling us what they are grateful for and you’ll automatically receive a special prize from Homer.
Feathers, colored paper, or whatever your child wants to use for turkey feathers
Glue or tape
And, if you’re feeling extra thankful, try planning a Whole Day of Thanks with your family, using our tips here.